International internships are both exhilarating and frightening, but when you get passed the fear, you will be faced with one-of-a-kind opportunity: A chance to build a career in a foreign company, or to build a good base for your future career opportunities. Not only is an internship abroad beneficial for standing out in the future of your career, it’s going to benefit you personally as well. If you’re still lingering on the edge of deciding, these 5 reasons will definitely push you over the brink and into international waters.
1. Mingling with the Global Crowd
Networking is extremely important in any industry, in fact, businesses nowadays can’t sustain without connecting and collaborating. Internship abroad can enable you to get acquainted with professionals outside of your culture.
- You’ll meet experts from various countries which will give you a chance to deeper knowledge of their business practice and knowledge.
- You’ll make connections that will prove to be very valuable in the future of your career.
- You’ll build a circle of mentors, friends and colleagues you can rely on throughout your career.
2. Get the Competitive Edge
Finding a job in today’s business environment is very difficult, and statistics have shown that 50% of undergraduates aren’t employed. In order to get in the frontlines and appeal to employers, you’re going to need a competitive edge.
- An international internship is going to give you the edge you need.
- It will add weight to your resume, and make you different from other applicants striving to get the same job as you.
- It will also give you better professional opportunities and boost your marketability.
3. Dive into the World of Unknown
Once you step foot into foreign grounds, you’ll be subjected to a whole, new experience that can’t compare to what you’d experience in your own, familiar surroundings.
- You will gain unique knowledge, skills and perspective. Anything unique is valuable to any business industry.
- Developing your foreign language proficiency is a valuable asset for your career, as emphasis is being put on global communication in every industry.
4. Raise Your Game to the Next Level
College gives you the opportunity to gain immense knowledge about the field of your interest, but an international internship will give you a peerless education, in terms of skills and knowledge. Traveling to help your career is one of the biggest steps to take in order to immensely improve your portfolio and become a desirable asset to companies around the globe.
- You will develop your expertise and sharpen your skills, and make that transferable to other work opportunities.
- Stepping out into the global arena will enable you to get insight into the mechanics of global business, giving you knowledge on exactly how you will build your business in the future.
5. Become the Role-Model for Confidence
In a very competitive environment, one thing nobody wants to see is a dispirited, terrified undergraduate who lacks confidence, motivation and courage.
- An internship abroad will personally benefit you, in terms of confidence. You’re going to be put in a new environment, with the necessity to become independent on your own. This will more than often require you to use your problem-solving skills to adapt to the newly found surroundings.
- You’ll make your future pitches more successful and intriguing, due to the confidence and experience gained.
If you’re enthusiastic about overseas internships, keep on reading and check out a list of websites where you can find great internship offers.
They enable students to take part in internships that are going to bring the not just valuable professional experience, but also enable them to immerse in the language and culture of another country. The entire team of creators have been a part of internships around the globe, so their programs are tailored to suit the needs of students and make the process of finding a program and actually hoping on plane much easier.
This is a great resource for students in the technical field. If you’re looking for overseas professional opportunities in the fields of architecture, science, engineering or maths, you can apply for one through their website. What’s great is that all students get stipends that cover their costs of living. The entire organization really goes out of their way to help you with administration, visa process and other aspects of traveling abroad.
They enable you to find internships all around the world, but at the same time earn college credit. You can search internships based on your length of stay, specific destination, field of work, or even contact one of their advisors who can give you a list of specific internships you might be interested in. They will help you with just about any aspect of landing the internship and getting the right information.
They have a list of existing internships available right now, and for more budget-friendly internships, they made sure to give you a placement only option, so you don’t have to pay for the accommodation just for the internship itself. All you have to do is find the ideal internship based on the preferred location, field of work and you’re good to go.
Similar to Go Abroad, you can simply choose your field of work and desired destination and look through the existing programs and offers to find the one that’s best suitable for you. You can explore the programs listed, make your own wish list to bookmark your highlights for later consideration, connect with other travelers and exchange stories and experiences, as well as apply for a program through their website.
Every internship is a great challenge, and although getting out of your comfort zone doesn’t seem appealing at first, it’s the only way you’ll get a head start over all the other hungry candidates striving to get the same job you do.
Author’s Bio: Rachel Bartee is a part-time writer at EduGeeksClub paper writing service who finds her passion in sharing insightful ideas as a blogger. She is constantly looking for the ways to improve her skills and expertise. Her life principle is “Always do more than you can”.