*PLEASE NOTE: This blog typically posts 1 article per week. Due to a backup in guest posts, the selection/approval process is highly selective and I may not be able to guarantee publishing. If you are here to primarily to promote something or generate revenue off links, stop reading now and move on. Thank you for your understanding.
Hi there! Thanks for your interest in providing a guest post for Campus to Career. I’m delighted that you’re willing to take time to help pay it forward by helping others succeed in their job search.
Here’s the thing, though. We all get a LOT of emails. Make yours stand out with a clear pitch that includes your topic, title, and a short summary. See additional guidelines below. When sending your proposal, please attach the article for approval. Campus to Career reserves the right to refuse proposed posts if they do not fit with the blog’s mission, vision or culture of the community. Posts can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIP: Emails without a clear pitch and summary will greatly reduce the chances of a reply. Campus to Career.
- Topic: Career-focused! Something most people can relate to, not “how to get a job in dry cleaning” or “why you should be an industrial engineer.” Believe me, folks. I’ve seen quite the variety! Keep your topics applicable to the general job seeker. Have fun with it – remember, Campus to Career has a lot of readers who are still in college. You have 3 seconds to capture their attention. In other words, don’t be BORING.
- And please, include a summary to wrap up your article.
- Length: No more than 500-600 words (bulleted posts with 3-5 points work best)
- Bio: short, to the point with links to your site or Twitter feed. Please submit a headshot that may be used.
- Mind the links! Two links in the body from you are OK as long as they reference relevant articles or resources. They cannot link to products or services. And the links cannot be used as part of an affiliate or 3rd party revenue program. Content and links are subject to editor approval.
- Must include two additional links to relevant pages or posts on my site – http://campus-to-career.com.
- Content must be original (can’t be published anywhere else online prior to submission). But you can re-post on your own blog 30 days later. Nowhere else though, please.
- No fee (at this time) to guest post. If it’s approved, the post will be uploaded – posts go live weekly on Tuesdays at 7:30am CDT.*
- Please note: Campus to Career features one post a week, so guest posts may be queued until an appropriate time for use.
- Pay it forward: If you have a blog, twitter feed, LinkedIn profile, etc., I would appreciate a mention of Campus to Career and the full URL (www.campus-to-career.com). You’re fine to use a shortener like bit.ly or similar. I’ll also be promoting your post via Twitter (@kbaumann @campustocareer), LinkedIn and Facebook (www.facebook.com/campustocareer)
That’s it! I hope this helps. Please know that this is in an effort to make things easier for our readers and potential guest bloggers. I look forward to receiving your proposed articles and thank you for helping the job seeker community.