Job interviews have undergone a major transformation since the days of inherited careers and apprenticeships turned full-time jobs. As the work world continues to grow and change with the latest technologies and innovations, so must the job interview.
Long gone are the days of relying on references and questions to evaluate job candidates. Today’s interview process has evolved to include various technologies and methods for testing candidates’ knowledge and skills.
To help us embrace the future, we must first look to the past. The infographic below, compiled by video interview platform Spark Hire, takes a look at how job interviews have evolved throughout history.
Some major breakthroughs include:
- Advancements in transportation
- The birth of the interview as we know it
- Technology’s incorporation into the interview
- The rise of social and digital media
- The adoption of modern interview technologies
Check out the full infographic below to see the evolution for yourself.